There are but a few institutions in cultural and intellectual space like developmental and artistic center in Goričko, eastern Slovenia.
In a few years of its existence, a wide range of artistic, theoretical and educational activities were organized; meetings, lectures, workshops and summer schools for artists, researchers, philosophers and creators from Slovenia and abroad, with a large spectrum of interests. Special attention was given to the indispensable linkage between theory and reflection on one side and social movements on the other; feministic, artistic, ecological etc.
The Art Center’s significance lies not only in its already proven cultural and humanistic projects. Its undisturbed agency is of extraordinary educational importance for everyone attending school, university, and devoted to permanent life-long education. International extension of its activities is of no less importance.
The work done in the Art Center so far is a proof that all this activities – cultural, theoretical and diverse educational – have a substantial potential to grow and thus fill the wide gap in Slovene and international intellectual, research and artistic space. On top of that, the conditions for work and living are stimulative for a creation of the new.
It is altogether illegitimate and it sad that the founders of the Art Center must still struggle for the right to exist. In the past, the undersigned established an active cooperation with the Art Center which we intend to maintain and strengthen further in the future. We join the public appeal to write off the debt that threatens the Art Center with public auction and thus ensure basic and necessary conditions for its undisturbed functioning.
- Eva D. Bahovec, PhD, Full Professor on Departement of Philosophy, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
- Jože Barši, Full Professor on Academy of Fine Ats and Design, Universty of Ljubljana
- Rajko Muršič, PhD, Full Professor and the Head of The Department of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
- proff. Oto Luthar, PhD, Director of The Scientific Research Centre of te Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Mateja Ratej, PhD, Section for Interdiciplinary Research of The Scientific Research Centre of The Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Marina Gržinić, PhD, Associate Professor of The Institute of Philosophy, The Scientific Research Centre of The Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Reartikulacija, artistic-political-theoretical-discursive platform, in its name:
- Editorial Board of The Journal for the Criticism of Science:
Marta Gregorčič, PhD,
Nikolai Jeffs, PhD,
Andrej Kurnik, PhD,
Katarina Majerhold, MS,
Mitja Velikonja, PhD,
Boris Vezjak, PhD,
Jelka Zorn, PhD.
Support for the Art center join:
Jana S. Rošker, Full Professor and the Head of the Sinology, Department of Asian and Africa Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
Thematic Projekt Series: Skype Meetings - Work to do! Self-organisation in precarious working conditions, part 3
29.3.2008 - 8.6.2008
Shedhalle, Zurich, Switzerland [more]
Reartikulacija in conversation with Ivana Marjanović
CONFERENCE Trade union movement opens up new perspectives on the current situation
Dom sindikatov (Trade Union Hall) 13 and 14 February 2008
Reartikulacija has taken part in the conference with the contribution on Contemporary artand culture in Slovenia: procesess of ghetoization, pauperization and the apolitical.